In and around the Abbey Line
Nature and Health
- Get active and enjoy Nature and Health walks in Hertfordshire including the Abbey Line trail and Abbey flyer walks.
See our dedicated page for maps and further information. Visit their website (click here).
Parks and Greenspaces
- Cassiobury Park is the largest public open space in Watford comprising of over 190 acres. Parts of the park are designated as a Local Nature Reserve and also has a wide variety of sports facilities and attractions for children and hosts a number of events each year. Visit their website (click here).
Museums and Heritage
- Watford Museum is housed in the former Benskins Brewery Mansion and the Hertfordshire Fire Brigade museum is opposite this on Lower High Street. The Fire Museum houses fire brigade memorabilia and hosts a number of open days each year. See their website for current dates (click here).
- St Albans Cathedral – Its architecture is a blend of many different periods, and its great tower includes Roman bricks salvaged from the ruins of Verulamium. It is best known for the shrine of St Alban, Britain’s first Christian Saint. Visit their website (click here).
- Verulamium Park – Verulamium Park is set in 100 acres of beautiful parkland close to the city centre and is a popular attraction throughout the year with wide range of facilities. The Park is named after the Roman City of Verulamium on which it stands. The City walls and outline of the London Gate can still be seen. Find out more here.
- Verulamium Museum, is an award-winning museum, displaying beautiful objects from the Roman City of Verulamium. Visit their website (click here).
- Watford Colosseum a 1,309 seat venue in the heart of Watford for live events, music and entertainment. Visit their website for current events (click here).
- Watford Palace Theatre, provides theatre and film at the heart of Watford Town Centre. Visit their website for current events and showings (click here).
- Intu Watford shopping Centre. Visit their website (click here).
- Vicarage Road Stadium, home to Watford FC. Visit their website (click here).
- Warner Bros Studio Tour – The Making of Harry Potter. Visit their website (click here).
- St Albans Traditional Street Market. Find out more here.
- St Albans South Signal box. Built in 1892, this Midland Railway signal box contains a 44 lever frame dating from 1904 or before. It is the largest such box in preservation, and one of the few boxes open to the public next to a busy operational main line. Find out more here and to arrange a visit click here.
DISCLAIMER: The above information is sourced from the Attractions’ listed social media pages and websites. Please refer to the individual attractions for up to date information before you visit.